And I lined it...I'm pretty pleased with how that turned out. There are many cute fabrics I've been tempted to use, but wasn't happy about the fabric's thickness. Well, if I line them it's not an issue. Though I don't usually keep lining fabric lying about. This dress is partially up cycled, as I used a sheet that I'd had cut up for some other project before.
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Most of this top and flower band were completed while I watched the Olympics. It's always good to have a little project to keep your hands busy when your mindlessly glued to the television.
This is another trade project, and should have a spectacular turn out. The fabric is bold and colorful, and it certainly was a color combination I would have been unable to pull together without such inspiration.
Saturday, August 16, 2008
I intended this to be a winter cap for Peter. It's made from a nice merino wool yarn, same yarn from the wool soaker I made last month.
However, it turned out too big, and is likely to become a gift for someone older and bigger.
I had Peter try it on and he declared that it was too itchy. Well, guess I'll have to get him something like silk...or cotton...and try again later.
Monday, August 4, 2008
Sunday, August 3, 2008
I started these during my last trip to Palo Alto last month, and finished them on the way home from our recent trip to Palo Alto. I don't really know why I decided to make a pair of x-large wool soaker shorties...but I did. The color change pattern is one I found in a knitting book, apparently a pattern the Greeks used. It reminds me of the Mad Greek in Baker, CA...and makes me yearn for gyros, and all that yummy cucumber dressing, slathered all over the pita bread...mmmmm.