Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Another New dress

Inspired by some of the things I tried with the baptismal dress, I made a new dress for my oldest daughter...who has nearly grown out of all the dresses I've made for her. She's pretty tall and slender, so I needed to try something different. This is a mock turtle neck top with 3/4 length sleeves. I added cuff ruffles, a seed stitch texture, and a eyelet pattern to allow me to insert the decorative ribbon on the bodice. You're looking at nearly three months of work here, over three skeins of yarn, a spool of ribbon, and two yards of fabric. But I'm much happier with how this "big girl" dress turned out than any other I've ever tried before. Hopefully, the dresses will just keep getting better and better. Already I have ideas of what I can do to improve next time.

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Baby's Alpaca Sweater

I started this about 20 days ago...that's a long time for me...and long time in the life of a quickly growing baby. But it's still big enough for my little one.
The yarn came from an impulsive purchase at a local shop. It's 100% alpaca wool, and just looked so chocolate and pinkilicious! I had to make my princess something girly with this.

Monday, November 2, 2009

Pouch Sling

I thought I really needed one of these... and I love how it turned out. However, the baby has not let me put her into it (without crying) so it's failed to gain her approval.

This pouch is double layered with cotton sateen fabric, and wool flannel. I thought it would be great for winter time baby wearing. Oh well.