Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Another New dress

Inspired by some of the things I tried with the baptismal dress, I made a new dress for my oldest daughter...who has nearly grown out of all the dresses I've made for her. She's pretty tall and slender, so I needed to try something different. This is a mock turtle neck top with 3/4 length sleeves. I added cuff ruffles, a seed stitch texture, and a eyelet pattern to allow me to insert the decorative ribbon on the bodice. You're looking at nearly three months of work here, over three skeins of yarn, a spool of ribbon, and two yards of fabric. But I'm much happier with how this "big girl" dress turned out than any other I've ever tried before. Hopefully, the dresses will just keep getting better and better. Already I have ideas of what I can do to improve next time.

2 comments:

Dirtdartwife said...

That is a gorgeous dress for such a pretty young lady! I love those colors and the patterns in the skirt portion. Well done mama!!!

Amanda said...

I stumbled to your blog from Rosetta Stone and this is the first thing I saw...I was completely blown away. Beautiful!