Monday, October 12, 2009

Recycle that sweater

I realized that my girls did not have many pants today...because it got really cold at my house today. Yeah! Bring out the wool and heavy blankets, hot coco, wool lined slippers.

I turned my husbands discarded sweater into a pair of sweater pants for one girl and had enough left over to make a skirt and matching hat for the other girl.


I found really good instructions for making pants like this at:




However, I must confess I made my pants before finding this site.

2 comments:

Dirtdartwife said...

Ok... please explain that one... you basically made a pair of recycled longies for the older ones? How? My DH has TONS of sweaters he'd love to get rid of but I can't bear to just toss them and my girls could use something like that!

Dirtdartwife said...

Oh wow... that picture of the skirt wasn't there the last time I saw this post and now I really have to try it! How gorgeous!!!!