Sunday, May 30, 2010

It's been a long time


...but I managed to finish a dress for my littlest girl. I've cast another dress top onto the knitting needles...and hope to have that one done in a month.
As I sat down to sew, I realized I hadn't really put my sewing corner into order. I usually require four large push pins to anchor the skirt to the bodice. I couldn't find the stuffed animal, a green Loch Ness Monster toy I got years ago on a trip to Scotland, which I now use as a pin cushion. But luckily, the former owner of this home left behind a sewing machine inside a table, along with all their sewing things. So I used her little pin cushion and her teeny tiny pins. They did the trick, but I was sure glad to find Nessie later, because larger pins work best.

1 comment:

Dirtdartwife said...

I like that top. Lovely color but also lovely design. She's so adorable!!!