Saturday, September 17, 2011

Baby Bunting

A double sided opening on a baby snowsuit is a must in my book. I've had it in my mind to make a new snowsuit for the baby with a cotton jersey lining and a wool shell. I purchased this tan fabric to be the shell, then found it felted up too much in the wash (after I'd already cut out the peices). So I needed to purchase a different wool fabric for my shell (and wash it before cutting out my peices). Not wanting to waste these dark tan peices, I decided to practice with it. This one has a lot of snaps.

The double snap front panel allows for dressing the baby more easily. The snaps along the inseam and crotch allow for diaper changes without having to take the baby out of the bunting.

This particular peice will be just fine for the fall weather, and I'll just need to remember to wash it by hand.

No comments: