Tuesday, September 23, 2008

More Delays

This dress will take a while longer to finish. I ran out of Aegean Sea colored yarn with just three inches to go on the last bit. "No biggie, I thought, just go online and buy more", because this was not a discontinued color last I checked. But wouldn't you know it, they were out of stock for this color! My heart sank thinking about how I might have to rip this whole thing up and start over again. I e-mailed to see if they were going to restock Aegean Sea. Thank the heavens, they do expect more in...and I could care less if it's not from the same dye lot, seriously I don't care if there's a shade difference, I'm not starting this dress over again.

But I've got to wait for it to come into stock, and then of course there will be another week more to wait for shipping of said yarn to my house. This will probably be a record for longest duration to finish dress start to finish. And this my friends is another reason why I shy away from custom orders now. I'm stressed out enough as it is, and this dress is for my own daughter. I can't take the pressure of making all this magic happen in a timely manner for customers, who's feedback I so highly value.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOOh, despite yarn delimmas-this dress it turning out BEAUTIFUL!!! I can't wait to see it floating across your yard..a flash of sweet little girl in blue!

Dirtdartwife said...

very pretty colors. Would you consider doing semi-customs, meaning they can only choose something from your gallery? So that way you already have it on hand?