Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Bias Tape Maker by Clovis

My friend, Jennifer, got one of these about a year ago. It looked so neat. When I saw one on sale a week ago, I snatched it up with so many ideas in mind.




It's really neat! And as Jennifer said, lots of fun too. The kids got a lesson in how mater changes it's state. I showed them how water goes into the iron, and comes out as steam. As the steam blows out onto the Clovis bias tape maker, the water vapors collects to the metal and turns back into water droplets. I got some work done, and the kids had a science lesson.







Good times! I'm going to have to get more of these, as they come in a bunch of measurements. I'm thinking a 2" would be really good for some of my projects.

2 comments:

Dirtdartwife said...

you and Jen both have inspired me to get one of those!!! But I have to save up to buy a serger first.

Jennifer said...

oh i'm glad to see you enjoying this- i love mine so much! (and T, they only cost a few bucks- go splurge!)